- Movement heals: we teach and learn the art of yoga and African-based dance, to re-connect to our ancestral tools for healing and to make the inherent therapeutic properties of movement visible.
- Community: self-love, self-awareness, and self-care allow for greater love of the collective, and togetherness and sharing our stories combats isolation.
- Deep respect and honor for people’s diverse personalities, skills, abilities, backgrounds, and beliefs.
- Acknowledgement of authentic power (the soul) and responsibility for individual choices (agency).
- Striving for transparency, honesty, and integrity even as we are complicit in societal systems designed for the opposite.
- Social change for social justice: ongoing examination of our own biases and preferences (implicit biases) and how they form our worldview, and action to instate justice and equity.
- The mind and body have intelligence: movement is intellectual and emotional.
- Movement for LIFE (life-long and for living inspired, free, and energized...for life).